1. You’re likely doing better than you think.
- Did you know only 19% of adults in the US have a gym membership?
- Did you know 64% of gym memberships go unused?
- Show Up. Doing so makes you part of the 6% (ish) that both have a gym membership and use it to improve their lives.
2. Struggle is a sign you’re trying.
- If it were easy, it wouldn’t be new.
- If it wasn’t new, it wouldn’t take you some place different from where you are now.
- Struggle is a good indicator you’re on the right path.
- Keep showing up.
3. Most days don’t feel like our best day ever.
- 80% of my workouts are totally ordinary and non-noteworthy.
- 10% I feel like total garbage. Mixture of weak, unmotivated, and annoyed. I still show up.
- 10% I feel like Superman and Hulk had a bebe, and I am said bebe.
- MOST of my workouts I’m counting on “compounding interest” and two decades into training, it works well.
- These same %’s hold true for my diet/eating days. MOST of the time, I do pretty good. 12 years into pretty good (rarely ever perfect), I’ve lost and kept off 100lbs. It’s because…I stay showing up.